Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A Picture is Worth a 1000 Words

Today in class we had a guest speaker, our Photojournalism professor come and talk to us about how photos capture the moment and create emotions we could not get by just reading a description. Throughout her presentation she should many different photos ranging from, iconic, happy, sad, and even disturbing. One of my favorite photos she showed was a photo story,"The final salute." These pictures was a story of a fallen solider being brought home to his family. The photos captured his pregnant wife, emotions, along with his fellow marines staying by his side one last time. These pictures hit home to me, I have had many friends go into the military and be deployed yes, many of them returned yet, one of my good friends did not make it home. I remember the 21 gun salute and his family holding the folded flag and processing that their boy is being laid to rest. But not all the photos she showed was heartbreaking the last photo she showed was a little girl pressed against a statues butt, everyone in the classroom started to laugh including me.

Photos are worth a 1000 words, they show peoples emotions, thoughts, and life. I think that photographing people is more interesting that landscapes, people to me have so much to share, and we can all relate to one another in different ways. And photos help us do so

No comments:

Post a Comment